Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Stereo in a 79 SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:13 AM
gounc14
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stereo in a 79 SC

The PO cut the wiring harnesses for the speakers and clipped a lot of the wires pretty far back, so I'm re-running most of the stuff, and I'm going to run an 18gauge wire with an inline fuse on it from the battery through the firewall to the head unit. So my questions are, 1: What's a good location in the hood to go through the firewall? 2: How can I secure a head unit in the stock din slot? I see no brackets for screws or anything, and the metal sleeve that came with the unit doesn't seem to fit. 3: How do you remove the interior door panels to get to the speakers? 4: How do you get to the rear deck speakers? and finally, 5: For those of you with component speaker systems, where do you have your tweeters mounted?

I've installed my own systems in a 93 Nissan 240sx, 94 Ford Taurus, and helped friends with Mustangs and BMWs, and I'm planning on putting an Alpine CDA-9855 in the 911, probably CDT 6.5" components in the doors, though I haven't decided for sure, Infinity Kappa or similar 6x9s in the rear deck, powered by a 4x100w rms amp, possible an Alpine unit.

Quick Reply: Stereo in a 79 SC