Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need PPI near Libertyville,IL

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 01:26 AM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Need PPI near Libertyville,IL

I need some recommendations for a good place to get a PPI done on an '88 carrera. The current owner has been getting the car serviced by Saul at Perfect Power. Anyone familiar with him? Is it a good idea to get a PPI from the current owner's wrench? This is a long distance transaction so I will most likely not be present for the inspection.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:29 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
I was born and raised in Libertyville, but I didn't meet Sol Snyderman until I moved to Los Angeles and got myself a Porsche.

But he's the real deal. He builds Porsche race (and street) engines, as well as Lycoming aircraft engines. I believe his shop was licensed as a Ruf dealership at one point, as well.

When I saw the subject line, my first thought was to recommend him for the PPI. Since you can't go to his shop (which is worth the visit), I'd suggest you call him to talk to him about the car. Have him do a compression and/or leakdown test on the Carrera and an informal once-over. Have him send you the records of the work that's been done. Unless the seller is a blood relative of his, I think he'll be straight with you.

Quick Reply: Need PPI near Libertyville,IL