Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

VW links

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 10:40 PM
LouisE
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post VW links

Can someone direct me to any enthusiast VW sites? My son drives a 1995 GTI VR6 in need of a clutch and I was wondering what is entailed in replacing same, the approximate cost, is a VW dealer required or can an independent shop do the job etc. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by LouisE:
<STRONG>Can someone direct me to any enthusiast VW sites? My son drives a 1995 GTI VR6 in need of a clutch and I was wondering what is entailed in replacing same, the approximate cost, is a VW dealer required or can an independent shop do the job etc. Thanks.</STRONG>
Louis:

VW Vortex

This is the current center of the VW Universe. I too, drive a VR6 GTI,......
Old 01-24-2002, 12:18 AM
m-keith
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto on that. I used to drive a '98 Jetta GLX (same car but with 4 doors & a trunk). VW Vortex doesn't have too much in the way of technical info, but you will find links to a lot of aftermarket parts suppliers that sell OEM parts. Also, a quick look at the back pages of any back issue of European Car will reveal a large number of parts suppliers for these cars.

The clutch on these cars is quite conventional. Any competent, independent shop should be able to replace it with no trouble. If you plan to do it yourself & you don't already have one, a Bently manual is worth its weight in gold. Buy it from Amazon.com as they are cheaper than buying directly from Bently.

Good luck,

Quick Reply: VW links