Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Strange occurrence

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 10:00 AM
David0514
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Strange occurrence

I had not driven my 77 3.0 in a couple weeks, but did start on Wednesday night and let idle for about 10 mins. Idled great. Anyways, I took the car out last night and drove about 20 mins with no problem. The car then sat for about 2 hrs and then I proceeded home. The temp outside had dropped a bit. Anyway, about 10 mins. into the ride the car started feeling like it was starving for gas for a second, power would drop for a split second, it would backfire, RPM's would shoot up to like 6000 for a 1/2 second and then it would go back to normal. It probably did this like 10 times within a 10 min. period. It then stopped and went normal. I took this morning to see if it was still having the same problem. Much warmer today than last night, no problem at all. Ran great. The only changes I have made since I let the car idle in my garage on Wednesday was change the fuel injector seals. Any ideas what could have happened. I am just glad it was doing it this morning under the same stress as last night, though temp difference. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:48 AM
cmoss

Condesation in the distributor?

Quick Reply: Strange occurrence