Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Where do you buy parts from?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 06:38 PM
bugstrider
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Here is another supplier option to keep in mind. I have placed orders with Jasaon @ Warehouse33 for parts both for our 912 projects as well as our newly acquired 78 911 over the last couple of years. He is above board on all of the transactions and is especially helpful with any questions we have had on any of the products he offers. I highly recommend his place for all of your vehicle needs, super fast shipping too.

Fast, Fair, efficient, and competitive with his prices. A must for all your vehicle needs. Support your vehicle habit and fly the Warehouse flag on your car.

Happy Motoring!!!

Cheers Trevor Anders
Placerville, CA

Yes, the picture of the Tiger Shark was taken by me.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:30 PM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Almost nine years and this thread is still alive!

I ended up buying a majority of the parts I needed for the air cooled 911 from pelican.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

I bought my first and rather large order of parts from Pelican. Great website, easy enough to order, and of course a HUGE info resource.

I had to return 2 parts - not their fault - got an RA, and tried to involve the salesperson to assist after getting 3 emails asking me the same question. He got his feelings hurt and 'quit'. Said "find someone else". So I did.

Vertex had also supplied parts, yet when I had to return one to them, it was a lightning fast replacement and a very pleasant customer service experience.

As said, parts can be parts, but people aren't the same. Lots of the service and allegiance comes from the human element.

For smaller, specialty parts (decals, finer points) Sierra Madre Collection has some unique items, never had a problem.

For some enthusiast 'upgraded' parts, AppBiz has been super helpful. Got my engine pad, gas flap, trunk carpet from them. First rate.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I've ordered from Pelican at least a hundred times in 12 or so years, who knows how many thousand$ through tons of projects and an engine build. I think I've returned two parts, and had no problem. I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone on the phone.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Trevor for the support!

I'm extending the 10% off RENNLIST code through May or maybe longer since it has been a success so far.

-Jason
Old 05-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A couple of you guys turned me on to Brian at Einnalig. He's got 12,000 sq ft of used 911 parts in a warehouse just waiting to be refurbished in addition to his extensive NOS and new stock items. It's a goldmine.

He also does plating of your parts or will take your old parts in trade for parts already plated.

For example: The fuel rails for my 3,2 are right at $440 each at the dealerships. I gave him my old ones in trade. I did clamps and brackets and lots of nuts and bolts. When we tallied it all up, the fuel rails came to $20 each. I'd say that's a good price... No? I think the entire top of the engine came to $80. Don't tell anyone.

Ruby has more Einmalig used parts installed by me than original factory installed parts. All of them pulled from racks, cleaned up, painted or otherwise prepped and looking as good as new. You'd never know.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:00 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, I believe I mentioned Einmalig for the AFM, which was nearly new, CCM, and other stuff. There is also 57th St Auto or some such in Arizona.

For new parts, Pelican is not the cheapest but by far the most convenient. I also like Paragon in Texas, Zims also in Texas, and if I ever find out where Gabe went then I'll be ordering from him again too. My local Porsche dealer also surprisingly is very competitive because they give me the shop price on parts.

Quick Reply: Where do you buy parts from?