Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sorry, silly first post - hood struts replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 AM
johnstefan
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry, silly first post - hood struts replacement

Hi, just bought my first porsche after 20 years of dreaming (1985 911 3.2 Carerra), but had to leave for work overseas the day after!! (Still managed to put on 300 some miles before heading to the airport)

I know the pneumatic struts for the hood and engine cover need replacing but can you tell me are there one or two on each panel? (I'm ordering parts on the 'net before I head home in a couple weeks...)

BTW It really was worth the wait....(as you can see my wife didn't waste much time getting in the drivers seat!)
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Mark Hald
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two for the hood and there should be two for the engine lid. The reason I say "should be" is that if the car has an after-market tail, then it may only have one for the engine lid. If that's the case, I would still order a second shock and install it to support the additional weight of the tail.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:31 AM
BER
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking ride!

Mark is right about the number of shocks, check the rear especially if you have an after-market tail.

You might want to consider "heavy duty" hood shocks because they last longer than the regular shocks. I have had my HD shocks on the front and rear of my two cars for 5 years and they are still working like new. I got them from Pelican Parts if you are interested.

Quick Reply: Sorry, silly first post - hood struts replacement