Euro brain for 3.2l US motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 03:14 PM
andyberg
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Euro brain for 3.2l US motor

Hello,
Does anyone have experience with different brains for a stock 89 3.2L motor? I have a (red label) Euro brain and was wondering how a stock brain or chipped brain compares?

Thank you,
Old 01-24-2002, 01:11 PM
andyberg
8th Gear

Nobody has had any dealing with different DME brains on 3.2's?? Maybe someone can lead me to someine who might know?

Thanks,
Old 01-24-2002, 07:31 PM
kurtstarnes
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by andyberg:
<STRONG>Nobody has had any dealing with different DME brains on 3.2's?? Maybe someone can lead me to someine who might know?

Thanks,</STRONG>
You might try Rennsport Systems. Here is the webpage for chips and programming services: http://www.rennsportsystems.com/~porsche/1aa.html

The page says that Rennsport offers perfromance chips for all Porsche from '84 on. There is nothing listed for DME brains for a 3.2, but I bet if you send Steve Weiner an email at Rennsport he will be able to help you or send you in the right direction.

info@rennsportsystems.com

Best of luck to you,

Kurt
Old 01-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Andy,
Just passing through, saw your question and well I can answer it for you very simply.
Do not waste your money. You really cannot get anything extra out of putting a performance chip into a 3.2 Carrera DME.
On the difference between a USA and ROW DME. There is no such thing as a Euro DME. The differences question answer is also simple. There is no difference. There is a Californian version as well. Again no difference. What is different is the settings for the variant plug and the country code plug. On the 3.2 I think this is jumpered connector wires only.
The fuel quality setting (adjustable but highly recommended you do not attempt it) may be set to a different position for Californian lower octane fuels.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 01-25-2002, 11:39 PM
Fun911
2nd Gear

I have an 84 Euro Carrea. Let tell you of my experiences with both types of Motronic units. I run with the Euro motronics 100% of the time with the exception of smog testing. I have a USA motronics I exchange when I have the car smogged. When running the USA motronics the power is somewhat more sluggish and not as responsive. Also it runs about 15 degrees hotter (218). After the testing is done, the euro montronics is replaced..I experience more power when pulling through all gears as well with no rev limiter..I dont see anything that you could profit from running a euro motronics in a USA car due to the fact the euro engines have a slightly different setup (more compression,etc). I hope that helps and again I can only comment on my experiences.

Quick Reply: Euro brain for 3.2l US motor