Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Hot start problem and stalling due to light flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Ironman165
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot start problem and stalling due to light flywheel

Several months back I read some posts that seemed very helpful regarding these two problems of having hot-start issues and my '77 911s stalling because of the light flywheel. (The engine is a '83 911sc upgrade as well.) Would it be too much trouble to have some of you tell me again what I should be trying to have my mechanic do to fix these problems? Unfortunately I don't know how to do much of anything myself, but over the last year as I've owned this Porsche I've read a lot of posts and like to at least not appear totally ignorant in trying to get me car's issues taken care of. If I remember correctly, getting the hot-start problem taken care of had to do with replacing the the fuel distributor and/or fuel pump, but I can't remember any of the other suggestions to look for first. And if I remember correctly about my car stalling because of the light flywheel, it was said to maybe readjust the valves, and/or get a chip, but I can't fully remember. If you guys could help me once again, I'd greatly appreciate it. Let me know if I need to give more info in order to fix these problems. (The reason I didn't just get these things fixed at the time of the original posts was because of $$, but now I have some set aside)

Quick Reply: Hot start problem and stalling due to light flywheel