Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

BEWARE OF LA PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:09 PM
aerogeek
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE OF LA PORSCHE

I bought an engine from LA Porsche and according to there web sit you get a complete tested engine ready to go. What I got was an engine with crushed and missing engine tin, distributor out of engine and missing caps and rotors. Plug wires crushed and missing. No DME or coils, wiring harness with cut leads. After repeated calls with no progress I am taking advise from a well know 3.6 conversion expert and moving on. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS
Old 05-01-2005, 03:24 AM
82Targa
Instructor

When all is said and done, can you follow up and let us know how the engine sorted out? I have looked at them as a source for an engine...I don't like the sounds of it.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

LA Porsche is a dealer, I think you mean LA Porsche DISMANTLERS, yeah, they are janky and crooked like a ****. Rumor mill states that theyhave a lot of hot parts for sale. I have had bad dealings with them too.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
aerogeek
6th Gear

Yes, I do mean LA Porsche Dismantlers. I will post the first driving impressions, and some pictures once the car is on the ground running. Steve Timmins is helping me get the parts and advice. If you need anything for a 3.6 conversion go to www.instant-g.com Steve is awesome, and you could donate to his Cinco de Mayo Chilifest a fundraiser for Special Olympics of Delaware.

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF LA PORSCHE