Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

possible to mount 964 C2 exhaust to a 3.0L ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts
Default possible to mount 964 C2 exhaust to a 3.0L ??

Hi all,

I picked up a B&B exhaust system from a 964 at hearshey this weekend, and I was told that it would mount to a 3L engine after changing exhaust studs in the head, and "moving one oil line". It was a spur of the moment buy, but I *think* I got a reasonable deal, so If it won't work I can probably throw it on E-bay. Does anyone know any specifics on this type of swap? If so, does anyone know the part number for the oil line that I will need to buy. After doing some searches here, it looks like I will possibly need to be looking into a "Flaumeister" muffler, as the general opinion is that B&B mufflers suck. For anyone that is curious, I found this exhaust on e-bay today, which is the same as the one I bought: ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630 ) . The only difference is that mine is nicer, and I only paid $700.... did I do allright, or did I get ripped off?

Thanks guys,
Old 04-27-2005, 04:08 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts

I tried it out tonight, and I only really had one problem that I didn't expect..the return line from the engine cooler to the oil tank rests right on the exhaust. I have the parts to relocate the other oil line, but i have not seen anyone talking about relocating the line that I am having trouble with. I thought about goign to an areoquip line and running it higer, but I do not know if that part of the oiling system relies on gravity or not. Maybe I should just try to get my money back out of them and buy some SSI's that are meant for an SC, Im goign to poke around a little bit more first on peilcan....
Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 395 Posts

You will want to use an upswept pipe to keep the S line away from the header

Available from Steve Timmins or Patrick Motorsports

SSIs would be my choice for headers on a 3liter

Quick Reply: possible to mount 964 C2 exhaust to a 3.0L ??