Looking for LSD

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:54 PM
wheatdog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for LSD

No not orange barrel!!

I'm trying to find someone who has new Quaife torque bias center section for sale. Either individual or buisness. Haven't had any luck finding anyone on the internet who has them in stock. Anybody know where to look or who to contact. A 40% ZF lsd would be nice also but they seem to be rarer than the Quaife stuff plus it's a leap of faith to buy used or rebuilt. I know Guard lsd is good stuff but the price is prohibitive. I'll go there if I have no other option.

Mike
Old 04-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Mike:

I don't carry the Quaife ones but I do carry the Guard torque-sensing and ZF-type LSD's.

Used factory ones are quite rare as you can see, but a good used one is OK. Just remember, rebuild parts are now very expensive so it might be less $$$ to get a new Guard one unless you know how to check out a used one.

One builds a custom fixture to hold one stub axle and measure the breakaway torque on the other side.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:26 PM
wheatdog
Intermediate

Hey Steve,
I'll give you a call on prices and options. Luckily, I found a reputable Pcar guy, locally, who can set up the differential and rebuild 915s. He's got all the tools and campaigns a couple of 915 equiped "race track only" cars he's built.

Looking forward to receiving the torsion bars. Disassembled the rear suspension a couple of days ago and everything came apart with out hassles. Someone had greased and neverseized all parts liberally so I benefitted from their foresight. Got the polybronze in place without problems too. This is using up a lot of luck or karma or whatever. Some other mechanical issues has got to bite me on the *** soon. Rewiring the the '86 with the Vram harness will probably have me tearing my already thinning hair out.

Mike
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Jim G50/52
Track Day

Hello Mike,

Here is a used rebuild 915 zf in ebay :
It is # 8023823528 ends 26 Dec.

Good luck,
Joaquim
Old 12-24-2005, 01:50 AM
dvkk
Advanced

This is the eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I have had occasional e-mail contact with Jim (Dimitrios Andritsakos) in Greece for a couple of years regarding ZFs for other cars. He asked me about 915 ZFs a couple of months ago, so I believe he does have the diff in the pic.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:59 AM
wheatdog
Intermediate

Thanks for the heads up guys but I've already put a Quaife unit into my trans. Wish that LSD had been available earlier.

Mike

Quick Reply: Looking for LSD