Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Any Better Deals on a 930s Steering Wheel ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 03:45 PM
TAREK
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't have a pic now, but will take one later. It's on my peg board, in less than perfect condition but feels perfect. I have too many projecs going at once, and this will go in one of them.

I have the hub attached to it still, and all I can see on the back where there is no obstruction by the hub is

TYP ATIWE 32
KBA 70111
MADE IN ITALY
BY ATIWE ITALIA

Hope that helps

Tarek
Old 04-23-2005, 03:54 PM
SDGuy
Instructor

Looking forward to seeing it. Funny that the clone Formel wheels in the link says ATIWE too, repost of link: http://www.raid-rdi.com/english/inde...e=LenkradAtiwe
Old 04-23-2005, 04:26 PM
TAREK
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SDGuy
Looking forward to seeing it. Funny that the clone Formel wheels in the link says ATIWE too, repost of link: http://www.raid-rdi.com/english/inde...e=LenkradAtiwe

Well then this must be the same steering wheel! and I should go see the eye doctor! I had mistakenly looked at the 390 mm on the website, and seemed awkwardly disproportioned to me...and of course now after looking at the 320 mm model, it looks the same except for the Porsche logo on mine, and the fact that my steering wheel SEEMS to have a thicker grip...but then again we'll see what the eye doctor says...and my steering wheel is old and the foam in it is trying to burst out.

Perhaps the way the stitching is done is a differentiator or good reason to believe they are the same...and that would probably confirm that ATIWE built them for Porsche with the logo and to the general public without any logo?

Also, how are steering wheel diameters measured anyway? I measured
355 mm OD
295 mm ID
325 mm Mid-grip to Mid-grip

Sorry if I introduced confusion earlier

Tarek
Old 04-23-2005, 04:56 PM
redidrum
Pro

Okay, it is getting clearer to me. I didn't know there were different sizes and so many people were trying to decide which one to go with. If it feels good and looks good I'll be happy. I'll take pictures and measure it. AJ USA says that it is made by the same vendor in germany that makes the wheel for Porsche. Give me a few days to check it out. Arrives weds.. I still think they are way overpriced.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:58 PM
SDGuy
Instructor

Try this link. Seems to be a RENnlist discounted part number = $20 less:
http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/pb/view...+348+084%7C226
Old 04-23-2005, 08:59 PM
porshah
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redidrum

I realize you are looking for the 930 steering wheel, however if you are interested in this MOMO let me know. It came out of my 79 SC. I have the hub adapter, steering wheel and also very limited edition Porsche crest. I can send you more pictures. It is near new condition. I even have the original box.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-24-2005, 03:20 PM
SDGuy
Instructor

Here is the wheel I want - with an inset crest and in black with gold crest of course. Can this still be purchased new, I wonder?

Last edited by SDGuy; 01-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:01 PM
TC_SJ
Instructor

Originally Posted by porshah
redidrum

I realize you are looking for the 930 steering wheel, however if you are interested in this MOMO let me know. It came out of my 79 SC. I have the hub adapter, steering wheel and also very limited edition Porsche crest. I can send you more pictures. It is near new condition. I even have the original box.

[IMG][/IMG]
I just sent you a PM

Quick Reply: Any Better Deals on a 930s Steering Wheel ???