Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rear Reflectior Porshe Lettering Rework

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
redidrum
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Reflectior Porshe Lettering Rework

Has anyone redone the black lettering on the rear reflector lately? I want to redo mine since some of the letters are partially worn off. Looks like P.O. tried using some clear coat on it too. I'm thinking maybe make a stencil?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 04-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Are these painted on the inside? If repainting the inside is not an option, consider painting over the lettering on the outside and then shooting it with clear.
I would probably just replac ethe panel if I couldn't repaint them from the inside (as I suspect would be necessary).
+++
Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 AM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

I repainted mine from the inside, I cleaned off all to old paint residue, then I taped off the letters from the inside, was a PITA, but it looks like new. Have been very happy with the outcome on that little project. The hardest part was getting the tape lines exactly right so it looked like it came from the factory that way. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Painting will certainly be cheaper than replacing, as this part is now NLA from Porsche.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:04 AM
avainio
Addict
Rennlist Member

How do I remove the center reflector panel? I was going to do this same project. The Bentley manual says to lift up the rear engine cover seal and turn the plastic screws to release, then lift the panel up and out. On my 1980 SC there are no screws of any kind under the seal, and I crawled under the car and can't find any way to release it from there. Is there another type of fastening system for the panel? Thanks.
Arne.

Quick Reply: Rear Reflectior Porshe Lettering Rework