Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How do I pay for this????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:00 PM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought that this deal would be finalized this week. The seller tells me he is swamped with work. He sent me some pictures today, but the PPI (which I wanted done tomorrow) has to be reschedueled. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this. I am waiting for the maintenance records to be mailed to me. He says he will do this sometime this week.I am just starting to get a funny feeling about this!This also might be because I just put up my "running around town/drive to work " car for sale and will be really happy to sell it. I dont want to have 4 cars again for a household of 2 drivers.
One way or another, either I get this car or I walk away and keep looking
Old 04-07-2005, 09:29 AM
theclaw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was lucky to find my car locally but I have bought and sold a few motorcycles long distance. By far the best way to do it is in person. Anything else is a distant second.

If you can not do it at this time a trusted local is second choice. I like CN's idea about a thread for an Arizona lister.

Re: Certified checks. I don't trust them. My neighbor sold a car to a person with a stolen certified check. If receiving one do it only on a weekday when you can call the bank to verify it. My neighbor sold his car on Saturday and on Monday found out he had a bad bank check. Crook sweeped about 5 people over the weekend with this scheme.

if you don't have time to do the drive back. You can fly out in the morning (pick up two hours). Buy the car, deliver it to a transport company, take the last flight back.

One of the advantages about buying something in person. Not only can you protect yourself against something that may not be as good as described but it can be BETTER. You then thank yourself for making the right decision and the buying experience is that much better. This happened to me buying a vintage bike Chicago --> Florida.

jeff

Quick Reply: How do I pay for this????