Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
EC83SC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers

Originally Posted by 82Targa
You know damn well they got if from someone for $5000 less than they are selling for.
Nice Targa, 82Targa! Regarding your comment about dealers making several thousand profit, well that's what they're in business for...right? Even private sellers try to at least come out even or make a few bucks when they put their car up for sale.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:50 PM
82Targa
Instructor

@EC83SC, thats true. And there are indeed many reputable dealers. I am a recent arrival in the Seattle, WA area and I am shocked at what the local dealers are charging. Example? Park Place Limited in Bellevue, WA. A reputable dealer, but the prices are just laughable. They currently have an 82 sc, in marginal shape, with a bright GREEN (I believe it was called sherwood green) interior. Its hideous. $15,000! Yikes. So why do they get away with those prices? Because Microsoft is 5 miles away, and all the kiddies working there who don't know their head from their *** buy them with their first paycheck.

I am not ripping dealers, and there is nothing wrong with making a few bucks on a car. However, if you are patient, and can spend a good 6 months doing reseach, and looking out for a good deal, you can do better than the local dealer. I bought my car off E-bay, and did very well. But if the car had come off the truck and been in horrible shape, I would admittedly not have much recourse. If you buy from a dealer, there is always the piece of mind of having driven and inspected what you are buying, and to some folks the outweighs the cost concerns. Very understandable.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:03 PM
ccoleymd
Instructor

Default Targa

I live in Greenville, NC and own a 82 911SC Targ Red w/ Tan interior. I would say mine is in very good condition, with many upgrades (SSI exhaust, Monty muffler, guages, new top, new tires, new CD player, etc).
I will sell you mine for much less than $18K!
Chris
ccoleymd@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: 81 SC Targa Price Check