Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1980 911 SC Targa for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005 | 11:21 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Default 1980 911 SC Targa for sale

Kate lost the coin toss and the Targa has to go... This car has been known to me since about 45K miles, and owned by me twice during the last 9 years. It is a CA car, legal with all smog parts intact. It was originally fitted with A/C (of course), the compressor failed in about 1995 and was never replaced. To get the A/C working is an unknown. This car is NOT perfect, is NOT concours, and has been used as a daily driver for its entire life. It has 188K miles (the engine has NOT been rebuilt), I rebuilt the trans (approx 70K miles ago), which is still perfect. The clutch is good, and it has had Carrera tensioners since about 125K miles. It's been run on Kendall GT-1 oil most of its life. The interior (black) is very clean, with no cracks in the dash, no tears in the top, and no loose stiches in the seats. The exterior (white) will wow your neighbors, but a discerning owner/onlooker will see the light road rash, a small ding in the right quarter panel, and a paint blemish on the left "A" pillar. The car is wonderful to drive, and lovely to take your significant other to dinner in. It has chrome wheels (factory alloys; F: 6x16, R: 7x16 w/Bridgestone 730s). The front wheels are perfect, the rears are older with a couple of small blems. The car has Boge shocks, Turbo tierods, and is current on service. Asking price: $13K. For photos or questions please PM me, or send me an e-mail. Reason for sale: Sadly, Bakersfield is already pushing 80 degrees, and I can't live here another summer without an air conditioned car.
Pete
Old 03-07-2005 | 08:57 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

I neglected to say in my original post that 911SC A/C will not keep up with Bakersfield's summer (6 months!) heat, when it is over 100 degrees virtually every day here, and that is why I haven't bothered to replace the compressor and whatever else the system might need. It is a fixable system, intact except for a compressor, if someone chooses to do so. I decided to post the car on Rennlist before trying to figure out how to use that monster called e-bay!
Pete

Quick Reply: 1980 911 SC Targa for sale