Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need Advice - looking at '01 c4

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Jcon
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Advice - looking at '01 c4

Any insights into these cars. I currently have my trusty Honda accord as my daily driver, and my '81 911 w/ 3.6 as the weekend toy.

Here's the issue. As a father of 4 (we have the required mini van) I rarely get to drive the '81. I don't take it to work too often, and on the weekends between soccer, swim team basketball ...the 911 is rarely the car of choice and the wife won't drive it. It's a great car, but the combination of no rear shoulder belts, means the kids aren't allowed back there. The $3,000 exhaust sounds great at the track, but not at the mall.

The plan would be to sell the '81 buy the '01 C4 and the Honda as a third car for the nasty trips. The '01 would work well as a commuter (50 miles round trip daily) and still be a viable option on the weekends for both myself and the wife.

What about the track. Well as much as I want to make it out 5-6 times a year, with young kids it's not happening. Right now maybe 2x per year. Last Year 0

Some of you must be in a similar boat...give me some thoughts.
As background I've got a ton in the '81 I won't get out, but I knew that going in.

60K Miles on the chassis
Rebiult tranny ( by Porsche)
Carrera calipers and Rotors - Waiting for Install
Brake Lines
Front bearings
7&9 inch polished Fuchs
New Axles and CVs
3.6L 964 - professional Install
2 Fender mounted 44 Row Mocals - professional Install
r132 Ac
Kenny McNiel Exhaust - $3,000

Dyno'd at AWE - 268 at the wheels ( I know, I know sounds aggresive to me too...I take the numbers to mean she's strong)

Truth is I want them all...not an option. Thoughts Advice???

Jeff

Quick Reply: Need Advice - looking at '01 c4