qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Elephant racing bushings

Winter project underway, hollow torsion bars:
22 front
29 rear
bilstien sports all around

I have the elephant racing polybronze spring plate bearings and control arm bushings that I wanted to also install. Car is used 50% street,30% autox,20% de's. Does anybody have any real world feedback on ride quality with the elephant bushings installed? I don't want to kill the ride on the street.

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-31-2005 | 06:42 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Ride quality is great. Much better than the alternatives, and comparable (in terms of comfort) to the stock pieces.
Old 01-31-2005 | 06:47 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

IN the front of my car I put elephant monoballs, bushings and even the mount set they have, (because of binding issues) sports all around, stock sway, havent done the rears yet. It was really worth it. Ride is firm, but very smooth. Some might call it harsh, I wouldn't. Hard to tell a difference really, I think it depends on how worn your stock stuff is.
Old 01-31-2005 | 06:48 PM
qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jack, I've followed some of your threads on pelican. You have one hell of a car
Old 01-31-2005 | 07:31 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Originally Posted by qball
I have the elephant racing polybronze spring plate bearings and control arm bushings that I wanted to also install. Car is used 50% street,30% autox,20% de's. Does anybody have any real world feedback on ride quality with the elephant bushings installed? I don't want to kill the ride on the street.
Hi Tom:

Jack is right. The Elephant bushings ride VERY nicely and comparable to the OEM rubber ones due to the reduction in suspension friction. Use a good synthetic grease such as Redline.

I will also mention that shock valving plays a huge role in the ride quality dept. Those Sport front shocks do feel a good deal stiffer than HD's so be forewarned. We prefer the HD front/Sport rear combo with these sizes of torsion bars.
Old 01-31-2005 | 07:35 PM
qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve, thanks for the reply,I bought my combo off you a while ago, just wasn't 100% sure about installing the bushings

Quick Reply: Elephant racing bushings