Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Was: 915 vs G50 Now: Momo SSK

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Corrales911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was: 915 vs G50 Now: Momo SSK

My car came with the Momo SSK. The bushings were supposedly replaced recently. It's really not a problem to drive especially when warmed up, but once in a while it just doesn't want to get in gear. Doesn't feel like a synchro because there's no grinding but it just feels like there's no gear there. Does anyone have a sense if this is typical for this SSK?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

SSK? Momo makes steering wheels and shift *****. If you mean short-shift kit, then I don't think it's made by Momo.

Short-shift kits made by companies other than Porsche are notorious for causing problems. But you're going to need to know what you have before you're going to be able to get your system working. I'd suggest taking it to someone familiar with 915's. Verify that the bushings are in good shape, and make sure the shifter and linkage are correctly adjusted. The adjustment being wrong can cause exactly the symptoms you're describing.

But this isn't an issue that's easy for a novice to diagnose or fix.

Are you running Swepco gear oil in it yet?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Corrales911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha. I saw Momo on the **** and assumed it was part of an overall SS kit. Any way I can tell visually which brand it is?

The local Porsche guru (who also did the PPI and is president of the local PCA chapter) told me he'd replaced the bushings and adjusted the linkage on the car last year.

What is the magic of Swepco lube?

Quick Reply: Was: 915 vs G50 Now: Momo SSK