Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Warm Up Regulator '78sc

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Simon Mestas
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Warm Up Regulator '78sc

Can anyone tell me how to test for a faulty warm up regulator? Also what would be the symptoms of a car running with a bad warm up regulator? I cant seem to find any information regarding this part.

Best Regards,

Simon
'78sc
Old 05-10-2002, 01:51 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The test is fairly involved and requires the use of a fuel pressure gauge attached to a nice piece of hose with the correct fittings for your fuel distributor.

I could regurgitate the procedure from memory, but it's better that you purchase a Haynes manual - I have one and seem to remember the complete procedure being listed in there, it was either that or the Bosch CIS book.

First step, make sure that the electric connector that snaps onto your WUR is supplying 12volts upon starting the vehicle, that is used to heat up the spring in your WUR...hence leaning up the mixture after a minute or so.

Another component to verify the operation of is your Aux. Air Regulator, on the exact opposite side of the motor, between the intake runners, is it 5 and 6 -or- 4 and 5?

You can take it off, place it in the fridge, it should be fully opened once you remove it after 20 minutes or so...then apply 12v to it and watch it close up all the way, shutting the extra air supply off...oh yeah, also check that it's getting 12v from the connector once you start the vehicle.

Good luck, let me know if you find the procedure, if not, obtain the materials needed to do the test and email me personally...I'll type out a procedure from the one I have.

Quick Reply: Warm Up Regulator '78sc