Fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 08:43 PM
cabdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel leak

hey there all...

There is a strong gas smell in the cockpit, engine bay and around the car. I've narrowed it down to the engine bay right side somewhere behind the airbox. Has anyone ever experienced this before and if so what could this be? Injector seals???? hose leak??? The odor gets stronger when I open up the heater... thanks...

bob '88 911 \cab
Old 12-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

BOB: STOP DRIVING THE CAR! IMMEDIATELY! Extreme fire hazard - there are two troublesome fuel lines in your engine compartment, intake manifold removal is required (with the engine in the car) to replace them. Have your car towed to your mechanic and insist on factory, o.e. replacement lines. Obviously there might be something other than the lines that's leaking, but I've never seen it. The lines are (1) the main supply line (about $500) and a line that you can't see, behind the intake system, that connects the pressure regulator and pressure damper (I think less than $100). Write if you need more info...
Pete
Old 12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
randlej
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same problem with my car recently. It was the fuel rail supply line. Part was about $40 or so. Replacing it was not too tough. Removed air box and blower for heater to access.

Where are you in TX?

Quick Reply: Fuel leak