Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Source for brake reservoir lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004 | 10:11 PM
Roc Doc
Intermediate

Default Source for brake reservoir lines

I have a '76 911S that I am replacing the brake MC on, and I want to replace the (blue plastic) lines going from the fluid reservoir to the MC. My local Porsche dealer gave me some bogus information about where to get the hose, and the local independent shop has been out for a week, and I'd really like to get this completed this weekend.

Ghetto Zone or Pep Boyz or the like just look at me like I'm from another planet. Could I go to a hydraulic hose supplier and get something that would stand up to brake fluid? And what is the spec, it looks to be 1/4" id, but is it a metric equivilent?

Fishin'

Doc
Old 12-11-2004 | 06:54 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pelican Parts
Old 12-11-2004 | 07:05 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Doc: That blue hose you're looking for is blue for a reason - it's brake fluid specific. I know it doesn't do you any good now but I never found it anywhere cut-to-length, only in bulk. It's an 8mm ID hose, and is braided like early fuel hose. I've never shopped for hose like it at Pep Boys, etc., but you might try asking for 5/16th hose for brake fluid... Good luck with it.
Pete
Old 12-11-2004 | 07:12 PM
Roc Doc
Intermediate

Doc: That blue hose you're looking for is blue for a reason - it's brake fluid specific. I know it doesn't do you any good now but I never found it anywhere cut-to-length, only in bulk.
Yeah, 10-4. I just thought that someone might be able to come up with some sort of alternative. My short-a-car situation just resolved itself, so I'll just wait for the blue stuff to arrive.

Thanks to all,

Doc

Quick Reply: Source for brake reservoir lines