Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Spring plates for 73 S

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003 | 01:17 AM
ashader
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Spring plates for 73 S

I am in need of adjustable spring plates for my 1973 S. The bushings on my current set are worn. I know that a new set from Porsche runs about $1000 now, but I was hoping to find a cheaper option.
In particular, I have seen people selling a new set of bushings for plates with worn bushings, but I have been told it is a real pain to get these on the plates well, and can take a whole lot of time. Also, I am not doing these repairs myself, but am just trying to help lower my parts costs. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 04-09-2003 | 02:11 AM
neilk
Intermediate

Chuck Moreland on the Pelican board recommends getting a blow torch and heating the inside of the spring plate tubes. After a couple of minutes the bushings will start to melt a little and they will slide off easily.

Tne Neatrix bushings are really easy to install and are pretty comfortable. If you want adjustable spring plates, I got used ones from Dart Auto for $110 with shipping. Bushings were an additional $50.

I just redid my rear suspension so fire away with the questions.
Old 04-09-2003 | 01:15 PM
catuck
Advanced

I have Sway-a-way adjustable spring plates and I'm very happy with them. They include plastic bushings. These are a little under $400/set though so perhaps Neil's suggestion is better.

Quick Reply: Spring plates for 73 S