Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

993 Alloy Wheel Touchup Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:22 AM
redidrum
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Alloy Wheel Touchup Paint

I've got the 993 Factory Wheels on my 82' 911sc. Anyone know what is a perfect silver color to touchup a few spots that I scratched with the lug wrench when installing? There are numerous silver colors out there.

Got the car lowered and cleaned up a bunch of messes in the last two weeks. Will add pictures later this weekend and explain. My Genius Mechanic found several little things wrong that may be of help to a lot of you guys. He's been a Porsche mechanic for 34 years!

Thanks,

Ron
Old 12-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Tim993
Addict
Rennlist Member

The following is from a post in the 993 forum:

Happy Monday, I have been looking for a way to touch up a few small dings on my silver painted cup wheels. I have my wife on the hunt for some nail polish that would work but in the meantime I found an easy fix.
I bought a pen called a PILOT SILVER MARKER, extra fine point. I used it to mark my luggage so I can pick it out easily and it is very close to Porsche factory silver wheel paint. The dings I had seem to go down to a mustard color metal primer so the slightly different silver color was a significant improvement!! They sell these pilot pens at Staples, etc. Make sure you shake the pen well before use.
Steve
Old 12-03-2004, 02:32 PM
redidrum
Pro

Tim,

Thanks. I'll try that. Just have a few scratches from me! Staples close by.

Ron
Old 12-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 139 Posts

Got a can of wurth Silver paint that is a perfect match. Lots of Porsche calatogs have it. There is a link out there on how to do a proper repair - putty, sanding, paint and clearcoat. I lost it but a search might locate it... Very cool. I did my 4 993 wheels like this with great results ! No more curb rash !
Old 12-10-2004, 06:21 PM
redidrum
Pro

Tim,

The Pilot Marker from Staples is actually paint. Matched perfectly for little areas.

Thank You!

Ron

Quick Reply: 993 Alloy Wheel Touchup Paint