Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Euro Premuffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
justinreinke
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Premuffler

Anyone know where I can find a good, used Euro Premuffler? I prefer the factory one or maybe the stainless Dansk version. Anyone switching to SSIs? I want to buy this for my dad for Christmas. I was going to buy him a Steve Wong chip for his 84 European Carrera, but he bought it for himself already. This car should have had a premuffler already but it was federalized and a cat was put in its place. I thought of a test pipe but for some reason people around here are led to believe that the premuffler actually makes more hp and torque. The cat is already hollowed but many believe that makes it worse than a functioning cat. It doesn't pass emmisions without a professional detune as it is, so that is no big deal. A premuff shouldn't make it worse and visual is a joke at most places around here. I'll try to discconnect one injector or something to get it to pass so he doesn't have to keep paying these mechanics to detune and retune his car. But anyways, my dad wants one and I think it would make a nice present. Can anyone help me out? I wanted to post this in the classifeds but I have no idea how. So I appologise ahead ot time if this is inappropriate. Somebody plese help me out.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:32 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd post on pelican, and wait......might take a while to find one used, christmas is in 21 days,
good luck. If you got the money to get new you can always sell it down the road if upgrading, lots a people want euro pre mufflers from what I've read.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:06 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Try Fabspeed's site for the 911:

http://www.fabspeed.com/911sc.html

part-way down they have a Euro Pre-muffler I was looking to pick up myself perhaps closer to spring, along with their exhaust, and might go as far as SSI's as well.

Of course, those funds could also go toward a DAS Sport Roll Bar, allowing me to bring the car to the tracks I like. Hmmm, I DO have a credit at Summit Point already...

Decisions, decisions.

Good luck with your dad's present.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:48 PM
justinreinke
3rd Gear

Thanks, I did see the Fabspeed one but have read that several people had fittement/customer service issues with them. The Dansk looks like a much better unit to me but is quite a bit more expensive. I was hoping somebody around here was planning the SSI swap and had a used Dansk to offer. The car is a European model so the o2 sensor is strictly for show anyways so I thought maybe a factory version would be floating around. I have tried to post on Pelican but they never sent me the confirmation e-mail so I can't activate my account nor can I get them to respond to my e-mails to resolve the issue. I still have my hopes up that I can find what I want before Christmas.

BTW, he put the Steve Wong chip in today and it runs quite a bit better. The idle is night and day difference. I don't know if it is as fast as before but he swears it is faster. The previous chip turned out to be aftermarket though we can't tell who made it. It just had a plain black sticker on it and was made in S Korea. I think it was a little more aggressive myself. But it did not run nearly as smooth. I liked the raw race car feeling myself, but Steve makes a much more useable and livable chip. Unfortunately I hadn't driven it in a while so I cannot accurately compare the two on speed or acceleration. But I do remember it being real quirky before even dying on me at idle sometimes and dumping a little black smoke when you really got on it. That is now gone.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Fabspeed had a fixture problem a couple of years ago and some people squawked, but I believe all was made well. I bought one right after that episode and had no issues. I just sold it a couple of weeks ago. For the money, the new ones are a bargain, IMO.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:05 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Ed indicated, for a short time, Fabspeed had a problem with their jig which has been corrected. I purchased mine before that and have had no issues whatsoever...it's quality workmanship imo. Hope this helps...Keith
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
justinreinke
3rd Gear

Thanks, that may be the way I will have to go. I was really trying to find one that was a little cheaper. I am out of work right now and getting ready to go back to school for my MBA next month so I am broke. Funny thing is that nobody seems to know the difference between a premuffler and a test pipe, including Porsche places. Performance Products has the Dansk version for $319 which is $100 less than Pelican and $70 more than Fabspeed.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:04 AM
83911sccab
3rd Gear

I have used factory premuffler...$125 shipped. Let me know, Santa's sled is leaving soon!
Email me at sc83911@hotmail.com if interested.

Quick Reply: Euro Premuffler