911 Windscreen Ariel

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 03:48 AM
DJB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 911 Windscreen Ariel

Hi there,

My radio reception in my RHD 86 911 Cab is terrible. I know the ariel is mounted in the windscreen, but I cannot find the connection anywhere. Does anyone know where it terminates.

Also is this ariel the kind that requires to be powered - could it be a blown fuse or something similar?
Old 07-23-2001, 04:24 PM
Mike Scott
Intermediate

I'm not sure if it's the same for RHD, but in my LHD 87 Targa, the connection for the windshield antenna comes out of the right/bottom of the windshield and into the amplifier which is located in the trunk on the right hand side near the glove box. The amplifier power wire is black and on my car is wrapped around the antenna cable that comes out of the amplifier and goes to the radio.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:11 AM
Brad
Instructor

Smile

Mike is right - I had rubbish radio reception after swapping out the Blaupunkt for a top-end Sony. Just connect the black wire wrapped around the anntena cable to the "powered antenna" wire (dark blue on my wiring loom) and hey presto! Top sound and good reception!

Cheers

PS - there is a long thread on this topic in one of the other forums - can't see it at the moment, but do a search and you'll see that you are not alone!

Quick Reply: 911 Windscreen Ariel