Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Peter Skovsted
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911T not firing all cylinders + stalling at warm

Hi!

I have a driveablity problem with my 911 T;

The car does not fire on all cylinders and also it dies totally after driving 10-15 mins...

So I got new spark plug wires whitch I will mount - I tried to order a new marelli distributer cap too - but it seems this is impossible to get... can one buy spare parts rebuild those?

Also.

I have a hunch that the ign. coil is failing when getting warm (had that problem on another car)
Can a Bosch 0221 118 351 ignition coil be fitted to this engine? The coil fits a 6-cyl Volvo 760, but I have noticed that it´s similarly priced to those of the carrera 3.2 -but the coils that fit older models are much more expensive, so i'd like to use the one at hand, but not to risk fire or other nasty stuff...?? Anyone knows if this will work. I also bought a new condensor - orig. porsche -would that fit any ign. coil?

Thanks for any help!!

Best

Peter S
Carrera coupe `87 and T coupe `69
Old 11-28-2004, 02:39 PM
theasphaltgambler
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a good shop to go to in your area? I always say that it much cheaper in the long run to find out what the EXACT CAUSE is. You could replace the entire ignition system and still not 'fix' your problem. You don't have have them repair it , just find out what the cause is.

Quick Reply: 911T not firing all cylinders + stalling at warm