Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Dealings with Partwerks - BE WARNED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 11:50 AM
theasphaltgambler
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

In todays business climate I think the CC companies are more responsive but for the simple fact that is in their best interest to do so.

When I call or email with a problem and the person on the other end starts with......'man, sorry the person that was handling that'................dot dot dot. I interupt and say: "don't care if your whole building went up in flames yesterday and your significant other left you this morning. Has nothing to do with my order/ problem. Give me an immediate solution to MY situation. Period. If it can't be solved with this phone call , I'll contact my CC company."

My shop really strives to give this level of service and if there is a problem we handle it. Because my customers expect this from me, I expect the same when I buy.

Obviously , if all else fails air the problem on boards like these. It does work!
Old 11-27-2004, 05:45 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

"I was able to successfully dispute my Amex charge and did not take the matter to the Illinois AG."

- see that worked for you but left them in business to harm others. If you really want to help clean up you'll always contact the AG's office. If they get enough complaints they will shut them down.

You do NOT have to go thru the FBI (who won't involve themselves with this sort of thing anyway). The state office of consumer protection is the thing to do. Yours will contact the home state. They definitely have jurisdiction.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:23 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I have also been burned by Partwerks and am pretty sure they are n ow selling on Ebay under the name of Blondde. Does anyone have an address for the correct agency to report these scumbags. I've heard every story recounted in this thread from the partwerks people. I actually did finally get a part, but it was much worse than the one I was replacing. I have reported blondde to Ebay but received no response.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I suspect that either blondde is a new username for them or they are the people that were responsible for running the ebay auctions at Partwerks.
I am still waiting on the paperwork from my CC to complete the dispute. i called them today and I have to wait until Monday to speak to the correct dept.
I too reported them to eBay without response.
We'll see what happens through the CC dispute. I'll be contacting the CA consumer protection dept, the Il. BBB, & their consumer protection dept. as well if necessary.
I wonder if Panorama or Excellence would sell space to someone wanting to discredit these guys? Probably not, but it would surely be justified in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Dealings with Partwerks - BE WARNED!!!