Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 shop in Harrisburg, PA area

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 08:19 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question 911 shop in Harrisburg, PA area

Can someone recommend a reputable shop in the Harrisburg, PA area? I'm looking for someone who can do general maintenance and suspension/alignment work on an '85 911.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:38 PM
EC83SC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's Van's Motors in Lewistown and Foster's in Mechanicsburg. These are probably the best independent repair shops in the area. There's a place called Translog in York as well that I've heard good things about. I can only vouch for Van's as he does all of the service work on my 911SC Coupe and 911 Carrera Cab. Quite a personable and knowledgable guy and very honest to deal with. Very reasonable prices as well. He's about 55 miles from Harrisburg, but he is always available when I need help. The other guys are usually booked up when I call them for help.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:08 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking for a shop that won't dent my deck lid closing it or ruin my corner balance/alignment like the last 2 shops. (in VA)

For alignments, do you have any experience with Auto Camp or a place called Griffs(?) that is supposed to be able to align anything, but I'm not sure they do Porsche.

I'm in Hampden Twp, may I ask why you drive to Van's rather than Foster's? Do both do alignments?

TIA
Old 04-07-2003, 10:35 PM
EC83SC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Hampden Twp. as well. I don't think Van's does alignments. I'm sure he's done corner balancing but that was years ago. The reason I drive to Lewistown for mechanical service is that I know any mechanical work I need done will be done right. He did a great job with the top end rebuild on my '83 SC.

There is a Jack Williams on Trindle about 3 blocks from me that used to be a shop that did Porsche alignment work(before Jack Williams bought them). If I were in your situation, I'd check with them as well as Sun Motors Porsche as they may have the proper equipment to do a 4 wheel alignment on your Carrera.

Quick Reply: 911 shop in Harrisburg, PA area