Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

electric seat adjustment switch question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 04:25 PM
neilbp
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default electric seat adjustment switch question

I have the electric seats in my 87 911 turbo.The plastic four way adjustment toggle switch (that moves the entire seat forward and back) broke off. I gather I have to replace the entire switch. My guess is that the switch wire plugs in to a connection under the seat. Is this connection accessible or does the seat have to come out? The switch is the one most toward the front of the seat (ie, nearest the dash) on the passenger seat.
Thanks for any help.
Neil
Old 11-02-2004, 05:58 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can remove the switch with the seat in the car. On the side of the seat by the switch, there are two phillips screws. take them out and the switch comes out . replace it and reinstall the screws. It doesn't make any difference if the switch is a 2 way or 4 way, process is the same, at least it is on my 88 Carrera.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
lewis9113.2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently changed a switch.
2 methods-

1. is to take the seat out which gives easy access to replace the switch with the wire harness that comes with the new switch. I guess you can do this with the seat in place but it is tricky.....

2. is to pull the switch out far enough so you can desolder the wires and then solder the wires to the new switch.

J

Quick Reply: electric seat adjustment switch question