Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Reminder notice: Wash DC/Baltimore area Meet & Drive 11/7, Sunday 10am in Rockville

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts
Default Reminder notice: Wash DC/Baltimore area Meet & Drive 11/7, Sunday 10am in Rockville

Just a reminder notice as this thread got buried beneath... It's finally here! The next Rennlist Washington DC Metro area "Fall Meet and Drive" will be occur on Nov 7th, Sunday, at 10am in front of the Starbucks at the corner of Old Georgetown Rd and Rockville Pike in Rockville, MD. We'll meet there from 10am to about 11:15-11:30, then drive to Cherner Classics in Potomac
http://www.cherner.com/classiccars/index.html
to check out their ever changing selection of classic muscle cars, used Porsches (they have 3 993's for sale there), and the occasional exotic.

No affiliation, just a fun place to look around + they're closed on Sundays so no salemen to deal with.

After spending 20 minutes or so there, we'll head down River Rd to I-495, hop on the beltway towards Virginia for a couple of minutes and get off on the first Virginia exit - Georgetown Pike (Rt 193) heading towards Great Falls, Virginia. Now we'll be on wonderfully twisty roads that lead to our lunch spot in about 5 miles, "Great Falls Tavern". ( 703 ) 757 - 4770 at 9835 GEORGETOWN PIKE, GREAT FALLS,VA.

Friends of mine that live in Great Falls highly recommend this 2 year old restaurant. They serve up delicious and reasonably priced food to the locals, with a Sunday lunch buffet that's only $14.95 p/p . This includes coffee, a glass of champagne, orange juice, eggs benedict, salmon, prime rib, omelettes, vegetables, fruit salad, etc, OR you could just order an ala carte item off the regular lunch menu.

So, you could show up just for the "Meet" part, or do the drive and not eat, or do the whole thing! Please do let me know if you care to eat at the restaurant (unless you already have), so I can let them know approximately how many will be dining. Right now I have a reservation set up for 20 people between 12:30 and 1pm. Email me at stever500@comcast.net to RSVP for that part, or just post a response on this thread.

Look forward to meeting some new folks as well as seeing those of you I've met before.

Regards,
Steve R

Quick Reply: Reminder notice: Wash DC/Baltimore area Meet & Drive 11/7, Sunday 10am in Rockville