Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SC autox or club racer - pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it may be the time of the year and the consumer sentiment. Track seasons are ending (or at least are winding down) for the year even in California, and they have truely ended elsewhere. That coupled with a headline from the Reuters newswire that consumer confidence is at a 7 month low ... well you do the math.

I'm sure that you would have a better response for your car in the Spring, as the track/autocross season is beginning, the election is over, etc. etc. Just as long as prices of gasoline and heating oil have not continued to go through the roof.

Good luck,
Tom
Old 10-26-2004, 06:07 PM
pgsandiego
Cruisin'

Default Sorry youre having problems selling, but

at the right price (for the right buyer) it will sell. Consider putting it back close to stock and dont play up any performance upgrades to cater to the general population. Drop the price a bit more and hold to $11.5 if thats your low mark.

Good luck!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:45 PM
larkja
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies. It still makes me sick to think I might have to sell for only $11.5k. That just seems way too low for the maintenance. I'll probably stick to $12.5k and see what happens.

Jim
Old 10-26-2004, 10:33 PM
theasphaltgambler
Advanced

How motivated a seller are you? Obviously you want to sell the car but at what (discounted) price?? A true saying is that there is an a-- for every seat. If you're not in a do-or-die situation leave it at that price and see what happens. You can always drop the price slightly later for a real buyer.

But if there isn't much initial interest just sort out the next step. I would agree that the car is closer to a performance street car than a track car. So if it doesn't sell you might try to convert it back a little more on the street side of things. Remember it doesn't matter if you put $50K in a $12K car, it will bring what the market dictates with few exceptions.

Quick Reply: SC autox or club racer - pricing?