Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A/C hose routing ? Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:04 AM
andik911
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C hose routing ? Please help.

I am rebuilding a '87 Coupe but forgot how the A/C hoses run from front to rear . I took a lot of pics of that car but not of those hoses. I am specially interested how they clear the heater valves. PET and the Workshop Manual are not very helpful there. If somebody could mail me a pic of there A/C hoses, please. Thanks Andi
Old 10-13-2004, 12:19 AM
DonMo
Advanced

One of the long hoses goes from the compressor out of the back right engine compartment to the evaporator, the other goes from the whale tail condenser out of the back left of the engine compartment to the front condenser. If the car had an ac system, there will likely be holes in the undercarriage where the hose clips were drilled in.

Hose goes from compressor to evaporator in smugglers box, from evaporator to drier in fender well, from dryer in fenderwell to front condenser, from front condenser to rear condenser, from rear condenser to compressor.

If you are going to put hoses back in go to a local hydraulic hose shop and have them made, barrier hose only or call ACKITS.com, they can help you if you have the old hoses. They will use your fittings and make the hose change for around $150 last I heard. A great bbs for ac info anyway.

Dryers and expansion valves are cheap, use new ones. Freon is better than 134a but more expensive, look at Duracool or Freeze 12, lots of info how they work fine. If you use an ac shop, stick to 134a, they don't like the "weird stuff", contaminates there commercial recovery systems.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:22 PM
andik911
4th Gear

Default Thanks for the help but......

Don Mo thanks for the info. Most of the hose is on the car. I also bought a new dryer. QUESTION IS: HOW DO THOSE HOSES CLEAR THE FLAPPER BOXES (HEATER VALVES)??? Andi
Old 10-14-2004, 10:01 AM
AJ88CAB
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The following photos show the routing along the body seam for the A/C hoses. The black hose hanging down is the A/C line. They are not attached in this photo. You can see the marks on the body and the hose where the clips go. Hope that helps.

Andrew
Attached Images   
Old 10-16-2004, 12:14 PM
andik911
4th Gear

Andrew thanks a lot for your help, the pics were great, but I still can't see how they clear the heater valves. I would think that they can't touch them (hot).
Old 10-16-2004, 02:02 PM
AJ88CAB
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't have any other photos, and my lines are out getting replaced with barrier hose, so looking will not help. But, what I remember they run along the rocker panels and just hug the body seam shown in the pics and enter at the rear corners of the engine bay. The driver's side comes up behind the cruise control module. I did have to remove the driver side rocker panel to get it off. I don't recall the lines being close or touching the heater valves. Sorry I can't be more help.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:39 AM
andik911
4th Gear

Default Thanks again

Andrew thanks again for your help Have a graet week. Andreas

Quick Reply: A/C hose routing ? Please help.