Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

77' 911S HELP Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Cfarmer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 77' 911S HELP Part 3

All right guys I finally got my baby to start, really don't know how, I unplugged the rear of the ignityion switch and fooled w/ the wiring and she started, I may need to do some rewiring, but now that the car is running there is a large amount of oil coming out of the exhaust, the car has always smoked upon starting for a few minutes but it would always clear up but never oil out of the exhaust, is it time for a rebuild? the car has not ran much for the past year or so due to this problem and it has already been rebuilt once by the previous owner, the car has about 140K on ticker, any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 08:44 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch - sounds serious!
Assuming the engine has not been seriously overfilled (although I don't believe that would cause what you describe) I'd begin with pressure testing & decay testing (at running temperature) the cylinders to see if anything falls out of that - look at the head studs, are they broken?

Are you sure its oil and not dirty water? Sounds daft I know but if the engine has been sitting around there could be a fair amount sitting in the exhaust system.

Good hunting.

PJC

Quick Reply: 77' 911S HELP Part 3