Drafty revelation

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 03:40 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drafty revelation

I was driving the 911 into town last night and had a nasty draft chilling me. The fresh air **** (yes, actually I have figured out what they all do...) had not effect and it was pretty much overwhelming the heater.

My first thought was that the fresh air door has somehow turned to dust that very day, but it seemed unlikely. By now I had arrived at my destination, and walked around the front of the car, and lo, but the front trunk is on the 'latch'. Oh, ya, track weekend last weekend and the unloading of support materials was a work in progress when I decided to drive the P-car to rehearsal.

As has been discussed on other threads (the one about instrument fogging comes to mind), the front trunk area is not isolated from the cabin. So, what I had going was a nice ram-air scoop over the bumper sending frigid air into the cabin from behind the dash.

The reason I mention this, is that IF you find a similar, unusual draft, it is a good idea to check that you closed the trunk.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Ellsworth Wente
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got one coming in around the speaker in the driver's door. no fun on long cold winter drives. guess I better get around to fixing that one!
Old 10-06-2004, 06:03 PM
L8 Apex
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My speaker grill began mysteriously "floating" the other day, luckily I had a friend in the car to hold it down. When I got home we realized I didn't get the hood shut well, and I had the same ram air effect going on. Now when my speaker grill floats I'll know to stop and shut the bonnet!

Quick Reply: Drafty revelation