Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 04:15 AM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Why?

On October 5, 2004 I have no errant noise or hard-to-find part or complaint about the heater controls. Today, at 122K miles my first 911 is sufficiently tweaked. Any mechanical or cosmetic blemishes are inconsequential compared to how robustly the engine springs to life and how sweetly and smoothly it idles. The clutch is buttery, the synchros spin as designed and before I know it I am traveling a mile a minute to the sound of Zeus breathing behind the rear seats. A radiant grin overtakes all evidence of my burdens. The suspension and steering are precise and taut, the wheels are true; the road, the machine and I are one. Ferry’s dream has once again come true. This is why… Thanks, everyone...
Old 10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

mine isn't too far behind you, once I get my rods back and the motor together
Old 10-07-2004, 04:53 AM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your Targa is beautiful in black, a particularly rogueish color for the 911 in my opinion. I await your post raving about the sound and feel of that engine revving to red line the first time, knowing who did the work
The GTI is sweet also, I've often wondered what it would be like to own one. I had a '90 Civic Si I loved for 282,000 miles until a moose totaled it. But of course the sensation of driving a 911 is like no other. I have a friend with a new silver WRX that is fun to drive, but it does not come close to the other dimension you enter in the driver's seat of a 911.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:28 AM
L8 Apex
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fixnprsh - Your Targa IS sharp! Have you always had those links? If so I hadn't noticed. Are your wheels 7"? Who polished them? Very nice. I think I'm going to stick with the 7" that I have on my car but I've got to raise the ride height to get rid of the excessive negative camber in the rear. I don't want them as brightly polished as yours but I do want the fans to be original anodized silver. The current black on black with maroon center caps is gagging me. Where did the PO get those ugly a$$ center caps anyway?
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yo...L8... that the new S? How did the trip home go? If that car can make it around the block on its own and it has floorboard, you STOLE it... looks darn good in the pic.... I'm like the woman that has too many kids (as you can see I do), and still gets jealous when she sees a newborn... i want your car... I need your car....whaaaaaa

Costs $125-200 to redo a wheel... depending on how fancy you get... for that car you just want the center of the spokes black, and anodize the rest.... v period look....v sharp.

Why? Because you can, that's the h**l why....
Old 10-07-2004, 01:53 PM
L8 Apex
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

der Mond is quite the poet. A very nice piece of writing.

The question is, HOW can all of these other sheep be content driving their GMC Yukons, Ford Tauruses and Honda Accords? Probably because they've never driven fine German machinery, that's HOW they can be content.

I would rather drive my 30 year old 911 than my 1 year old GTI any day. We're very fortunate that we've "discovered" the beauty of Porsches and can appreciate these cars.

JCP: I'll get some more pics up soon and you might think otherwise...
Old 10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We don;t want too many people figuring this out..... the buffoons will just drive up the prices.

I keep trying to figure out how to sell my 84, and cannot let it go. I have yet to find another car that I would swap even up.... let alone put more money into the deal. I love the 993, but even that just feels too soft.... its like giving up Jack Danials for a bourbon cooler.....

Quick Reply: Why?