Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Greetings from Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
youngatheart
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awsome Ian, congrads on the oil change and sway bar.

Bob, love to attend the meeting, but I am not a PCA member.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:57 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live a bit off the beaten track to Toronto, but go through there fairly often visting student son in Kingston and driving to Dexter Autosport events where I run operations and even doing some track events as well. So, let me know if there is a meet planned. I have my preferred sources for affordable parts, some in the USA, some local. If interested, post me a PM for contact info. Welcome to the party!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Bob D..
Instructor

Originally Posted by youngatheart
Bob, love to attend the meeting, but I am not a PCA member.
I suspect that the best way to solve that is to show up and join - PCA membership is not that expensive and the monthly mag is pretty good.

Bob
Old 10-17-2004, 01:29 PM
TCB
Intermediate

Hello from Ancaster

I'm a new owner of a 84 carrera. I'll post pictures. Just found this forum, and it's nice to see so much activity and information here. Between this and the Pelican forum problems should be able to be solved.
I read a few guys were looking for suggestions for places to take their cars for work. I plan on doing my own work, one reasion for buying a classic car, but this guy is a great resource.
A great mechanic in the area is Thomas Rosimagi. He is located on Highway 6 just north of Waterdown. He works on volvo's and porsche's. Has a beautiful 74 0r 75 he has just about rebuilt. His shop is called Appco and is listed in the white pages of the Hamilton phone book. He owns several 911's and has owned quite a few so he knows Porsche cars.
Ok there is my two cents worth for a good garage..

Enjoying reading the threads and would look forward to meeting the local 911 owners.
Terry
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

$1400 is a total rip off - i would never go there again
Old 10-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Strosek
Intermediate

Default Hi

I have a 911 Strosek with a 3.6 conversion and do all my own work. I have all the required Porsche tools and manuals and find a lot of satisfaction in doing things myself. I was just sick of dealing with pre-madonnas ripping me off. I'm currenthly rebuilding my 3.6 and converting it to a 3.8 with billet and CNC'd everything, should be a real looker when I'm done. I've built the entire car from the ground up and now find that Porsche's are very well engineered and very easy to work on. If you would like to talk PM me and we can share info and help eachother out.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 10-21-2006, 03:50 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

strosek man ! that post you are responding to is over 2 yers old.... doubt the guy is still monitoring it :-)
Old 10-22-2006, 04:57 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Ya, but I'm here and have been thinking about a 3.6!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Heinz 57
AutoX

Hi guys. I am new to this site. I have been checking in for a while. I, like others live to drive and work on my cars (71 &69). They are nothing special. Previous PO's have altered them considerabley so they are not considered stock ( hence my Heinz 57 moniker). I do all my own work, apart from machining etc. I look forward to this time of year cos it starts the tear down and winter project season. To date I have rebuilt almost 60% of each car including engines and am in the procees of rebuiding a 2.7 to a 2.8 x 9.5 CR. I get alot of help from Dave Margolis (spelling?) from Eurotune in Caledon. I don't participate much in PCA UCR stuff as there is not much I have in common with their technical focus. I was at the ALMS at Mosport this year and had a great time, met Iceman and we talked alot about getting down and dirty with working on our cars (thanks Iceman, had a great day) I'm up in Orangeville so am a little out of the way but I would jump at the chance to share experiences working on there early creatures. I am sooo fasinated by these cars and the engineering that went into them.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Finally .. Welcome aboard Heinz 57. You have come to to the right place. I suggest you start a new thread with some pics of your beasts. I find "irfanview" great for resizing and posting pics.
I look forward to you input going forward as you obviosly have tonnes of experience on the older models.

ice
Old 10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
the911Tprocess
8th Gear

Hi, just read your thread, I'm in North Toronto as well, just joined the rennlist, I've restored a 72, T which Ive had for 9 years. Just painted and finished to put away for the winter. If all are getting together in Toronto, for drink and Porsche talk.
Mark
Old 10-23-2006, 10:07 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

We get together every Saturday Morning at the chapters north of Sherway Gardens ( don't know the adress ) . This last Saturday we had about 10 cars there and a few Vette guys came out too. Season is dwindling down now but we are going to try and get together anyway as it is a good time for us to get out of the house !
We usualy park out back

Check out the threads on the Rennlist Canada Region .. we even have pics..
Old 10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Welcome aboard new Ontario guys.
Hopefully I can get some more in the east end.
We need to go to the Canada sight though.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:01 AM
Strosek
Intermediate

I just noticed this thread was many years old..LOL Well, I'm glad I brought it back to life! I would be happy to meet at sherway its's only about 10 mins from my home but my only problem is that my engine is currently in about 1000 pieces and car in about 500 pieces. Hope to hear from you TO area owners.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:01 AM
youngatheart
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iceman, referring to your comment about the likelihood of getting a responds from such an old post, isn't it amazing. I had posted this thread 2 years ago and should thank Stosek for bringing it to life again. I have not been on the site for awhile and for some odd reason decide to check the site tonight and had notice all these messages. I would love to meet all of you guys and would check out the Saturday meetings. I am in Markham. Rod911 which part of the east end are you located?
Please PM me for contact info.

cheers
Younatheart

Quick Reply: Greetings from Toronto