Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

sc window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Jeff_T
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy sc window regulator

Changed the side window seals on my 81 sc targa last weekend. When all the door trim was off the passenger door I noticed that the glass carrier was rusted through which explains why the glass seems to dip down at the back when you put the window up fully. Made some enquiries to get a used regulator assembly but seems there are several different types. Anyone come across this before. How tricky a job is it to get it out?Haynes mentions something about some special rain moulding cement required. What the hell is that?I'm tempted just to get in there and take it all out and see if I can repair or replace just the busted bit. It's my daily driver so I might just wait until the summer.
Cheers
Old 11-05-2002, 10:21 AM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not difficult to remove the regulator..there was a regulator up-grade in my '77..don't know about yours..moulding cement may be for door/body rubber gasket..I would replace the glass carrier rubber for carrier to glass..and the glass frame felt..it's a simple slow repair..if you don't get a new regulator?? look into replacing the center regulator spring PIN..the old design breaks/the up-grade is stronger steel
Old 04-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Stormin
Cruisin'

Where do you get a replacement pin from??
Old 04-11-2003, 09:28 AM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Stormin:
<strong>Where do you get a replacement pin from??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Performance Products
Old 04-12-2003, 05:31 PM
77TARGA
Advanced

I have a new in packaging window pivot, it is a 26mm with slot parallell to opposite end, if you haven't already found one, drop me a line, we can work something out.

Quick Reply: sc window regulator