Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

FabSpeed Great Outcome

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004 | 12:27 PM
BrucePigozzi
Intermediate

Thumbs up FabSpeed Great Outcome

In mid July I posted a question about Fabspeed SS mufflers and would like to report the outcome of our situation. Context: my wife and I each have a 911 track car ('88 is mine, '89 is hers). The previous owner of my wife's 911 had put a FabSpeed Stainless dual exhaust system on about 4.5 years ago and this summer a roughly 2 inch square hole appeared along with a distinct change in sound.

Our location (Michigan) and track schedule prevented us from just "taking it in for warranty work." We photographed the hole and sent the digital pictures to FabSpeed, then we got a patch welded as a temporary fix so she could drive to, at, and from Mosport. After that, we shipped the whole thing back to FabSpeed with documentation about the original purchase. In the mean time I put my spare Bursch on so she could drive Putnam Park. (Wife still thinks the FabSpeed sounded better in Thunder Valley (MidOhio) than my Bursch.) Just before we left for Putnam a new 2004 version, dual outlet stainless steel FabSpeed muffler showed up, complete with new tips, brackets, everything. Joe at FabSpeed explained that 4 years back he was selling some products he didn't actually manufacture, but he stood by the warranty anyway. Note, my wife was NOT the original purchaser but FabSpeed still honored the warranty. I'm impressed.
Old 09-07-2004 | 11:00 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

its always nice to know that companys stand behind thier work, will come in handy to people here that are planing some mods.

Quick Reply: FabSpeed Great Outcome