Installing Bra

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 09:44 PM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Installing Bra

I was tryong to install the Bra that came with my car and discovered that it is smarter than me
. A few questions..

1-Where do you attach the straps inside the trunk?

2-How do you adjust the trunk lid so it will latch properly? The trunk will close ok with the outer part intalled but when I install the truck cover, it will not go down far enough.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-24-2002, 09:55 PM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by HarryD:
<strong>I was tryong to install the Bra that came with my car and discovered that it is smarter than me
. A few questions..

1-Where do you attach the straps inside the trunk?

2-How do you adjust the trunk lid so it will latch properly? The trunk will close ok with the outer part intalled but when I install the truck cover, it will not go down far enough.

Thanks in advance!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Easy:

1-The straps attach to the lid with the little hooks(couple of holes at the back). The trunk cover straps cross. The others don't.

2-Two allen screws on either side of the lower latch. Remove plastic covers if they are still on, loosen allen screws slightly and raise the latch by wiggling it while lifting. Only come up about 1/4" !!!
Old 02-25-2002, 01:04 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CN, thanks for the tips. Unfortunaltely I just went and looked for the allen screws but no dice. Seems the early models did not include that handy adjusting feature, only 3 hex bolts. Can I loosen these to adjust or do I need to shim with a washer?

Also, I pulled the straps out but did not see any holes in the general vicinity of the strap ends. Any clues as to exact location would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Installing Bra