Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carbrella ? for Targas

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003 | 11:04 AM
johnnyquest
Advanced

Cool Carbrella ? for Targas

Two weeks ago when the weather was nice, I took the top off and folded it to fit in the trunk. I hate to do this b/c top and seals were redone two years ago, but I was out already and the day turned nice. Normally I leave the top at home so I don't have to fold it. Then I forgot to take it out of the trunk so it stayed folded overnight. There's a nice crease at the front bead edge. I saw in Performance Products catalog this portable top called a Carbrella. Folds small, not expensive. Anybody have experience with it? Is it just a quick cover if you're parked and it rains or can you drive with it?

TIA
Old 04-03-2003 | 11:31 AM
exitspeed
Intermediate

It looks like it will only work when parked.
Old 04-03-2003 | 11:32 AM
jet911
Pro

Jeff,
Don't have a targa and have never used the Carbrella, however I took a look in Performance Products and it states "The waterproof Carbrella is a great way to protect your interior while parked." I beieve it is intended to be used when your targa is parked, looks like rain and you left your top at home. I think it might blow off while driving. My 1.3 cents worth.....

Regards,
Jim
'86 911
Old 04-03-2003 | 06:40 PM
wwest
Drifting

The Targa top can actually be "stashed" behind the front seats without folding it. Personally I don't worry about storing it in the bonnet folded. It's been that way setting in the garage all winter now, just relicensed it last week.

Mine's a 78 and the top has been folded and unfolded many hundreds of times over the years. But I do keep it well "lubed" with a silicon based "lotion".

Quick Reply: Carbrella ? for Targas