Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rear View Mirror

Old 08-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Slate_Grey
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear View Mirror

Sorry about the low level question, but could someone please tell me how to get the button off of the rear view mirror? The mirrow came unglued, so I need to reattach the button, then slide the mirror on once cured.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:51 AM
emac
Racer

As I recall there is a very small screw at the bottom of the stem of the mirror. Loosen and
slide the mirror off.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Slate_Grey
Track Day

In case it makes any difference, it's an 89 Carrera 3.2 --> looked to me like the button (small metallic plate that attaches to the windshield) would actually slide out of the stem (maybe by sliding a screwdriver and lifting a tab) - however, that didn't seem to work. When I get home, I'll check for a screw... Thanks,
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 AM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

If I remember correctly, it does use that tab, it may just be stuck in place, I had to re-glue mine after I knocked it loose when I was replacing my cab top. It should slide out when the tab pressure is removed. Maybe it has been glued back on before and whoever did it got some of the glue on the wrong side of the mount button.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
MDL
Racer

I found this while doing a SEARCH...I am trying to remove my mirror and it looks like it has a tab as described slate gray. I can't get the mirror to slide out no matter which way I move the tab. The tab does not seem to want to move very much and I don't want to force it. Does anyone know the correct method for removing the mirror (1988 3.2)

Dan.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem so I glued the whole mirror back up together, I used the small tube of rear view mirror glue from Ace Hardware and I just held onto the whole assembly for about 3 minutes afdter gluing instead of the 1 minute that they recommend for the button. My mirror has now been firmly in place for 6 months or so.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear View Mirror