Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone looking for a good longhood 911... cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:19 PM
exc911ence
Three Wheelin'

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Thumbs up Anyone looking for a good longhood 911... cheap!

A friend of mine here in Victoria, BC is selling his California-found 1970 911T and is quite motivated to find it a new home (finances...). The car has a later 2.4L engine with the oil-fed tensioners and a/c. Interior is very nice (now completely reassembled as opposed to the way it looks in the pic below) and the body is mostly rust-free with a couple of areas that need attention. Firstly, the driver's rear quarter panel was repaired with a patch at some point and the body person forgot to cut the hole for the torsion bar removal. The original 1/4 panel is still under the patch and the hole/cover is still there... weird. The engine compartment latch panel was replaced with an aftermarket panel that has no depressions for the engine stickers... it's just flat. Also weird. There's been some welding under the battery box area and some of the welds look sloppy but it's a structurally sound repair. I spent a day with the car and it drives really well, although the tires are old and should be renewed and there's a flat spot in the carbs at around 2000rpm or so. With the 2.4L engine, the car really moves nicely! Tranny shifts perfectly... strange for a 915 gearbox. The car can be driven anywhere and currently has BC Antique car plates on it. Car was originally Gulf Blue but now sports a nice coat of Guards Red.

Pics:

Here's the best part: he offered it to me for $8500 Canadian but I've run out of room for my toys so I have to pass on it... I need an aircraft hangar! One of you lucky souls has the chance to steal this car. E-mail Pete at finishline@shaw.ca if you're seriously interested.

SmileWavy

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for a good longhood 911... cheap!