Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help !@@$# Chain tensioner nut stripped???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 06:11 PM
e911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help !@@$# Chain tensioner nut stripped???

TIA,

Well I think I did it again. Was so happy, I got both oil fed chain trensioners on with out the chain moving. Left side done, Right side- many hours to get the chain tight enough and secure enough to try it. It worked, tensioner out - new one on. Then it happened. I threaded the nut that holds the tensioer on BY HAND. Then try to torque it down and it wouldn't.

So here I sit new tensior on, chain secure ( not moving) but can't torque the nut or get it off!!

It is obviously stipped, but what do I do now. Cut it off w/ dremel. I had to do this with a valve cover stud. Is it the same process. In fact , I have an extra valve cover stud are they the same.

How do I get the stud out? Heat ? No Heat? Please advise- TIA.

Earl
Old 08-01-2004, 10:27 AM
e911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update
I am happy to report the nut and stud are out. Resorted to cutting off the nut w/ Dremel and to my great surprise the stud come out very easily. Also the valve cover stud is not the same.

My c-clamps and vise grips are holding the chain in place and look secure. But I was able to temporaly put in the tensoner on the sprocket suporrted by a wheel weight. This ia only a temp ( pin still in tensioner).

Hopefully I can find the parts Monday and complete this.
Earl

Quick Reply: Help !@@$# Chain tensioner nut stripped???