Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Good wrench in SE Michigan (Detroit) for PPI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 03:13 PM
MD
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good wrench in SE Michigan (Detroit) for PPI?

I am new to the forum and I am searching for my first 911. I have looked at a couple of different cars for sale in the area and would like to know if anyone can recommend a good Porsche shop in the Detroit area to do a PPI as well as perform ongoing maintenance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:34 PM
NOH20
Racer

MD,

I take my car to Fred lavery in Birmingham. Kern Serota is the mechanic that works on my car. You may also want to try Automotive Techniques, Jeff Jones. Jeff is a Porsche mechanic that has his own shop/business. He did extensive updates to my old 75 911S. You would be happy with either place. Fred Lavery is a dealer located on Woodward avenue around 15 mile road. Automotive techniques is in Northville.

Brad
Oakland township, MI
Old 07-30-2004, 12:24 PM
redc4
6th Gear

MD,

Auto Europe in Birmingham has done extensive work on my 77' 911s as well as my 91' C4 that I recently sold. Their tech Phil has a 77' 911s and has been a Porsche mechanic for over 15 years. He'd certainlybe a good guy to have a PPI. You might want to check out their sales showroom on woodward. They always seem to have good inventory and most of their cars were local not auction crap.

Good luck!
TW
Royal Oak

Quick Reply: Good wrench in SE Michigan (Detroit) for PPI?