seat belt & dash question for 84 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt & dash question for 84 Carrera

The drivers' side seat belt latch (female end between the seats) seems to be coming apart. I never even noticed that it was held together by black cloth tape while buying the car. It seems to work fine, but the plastic cover is constantly coming apart. can I just glue it back together? Should i swap it with the passenger side? If I should replace it, which years are the same?
Also, I was wondering what the difference was between the dashboards for later (post 85) models was compared to the original one in my car now that needs attention.
I'm planning on a replacement when i swap out the headliner but the cost of the newer ones is quite a bit less if they would work.
I'm even considering the carbon fiber dash from GT Racing. Has anyone actually installed one of these? Any pictures, caveats, warnings, etc?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Pwilliams
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

In 86 they had larger a/c vents in the dash. The top was revised as was the lower portion to accomodate larger a/c vents.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Dean Tanner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check to be sure, but I think I have some seat belt female ends I could sell to you if interested. Let me know here or at primage1@mchsi.com

Quick Reply: seat belt & dash question for 84 Carrera