Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Value for 83 Model 911SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
944nut
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value for 83 Model 911SC

Don't know a lot about the 911 values. I'm aware that Bruce Anderson does the values in Excellence but don't have access. There is an 83 911SC currently on ebay and I'd like to know what the expected value would be.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2483967150

If the link won't work simply go to eBay.com and put the item number 2483967150 in the eBay search box and press "Find it"

Thanks in advance, Harvey

email me @ 944nut@comcast.net if you have the time
Old 07-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Well I don't really know the value of these SC's but i believe the 83 was the first year of the return to a cab for Porsche so that might make it worth something more. They don't know the exact mileage so to me its got NO value and I would run not walk away from this one. I have had dealings with that place before and I found them to be very professional. So basically this one is a real mixed bag.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:52 PM
mamoroso
Racer

Other minuses are:
- repaint (a nice repaint jon on these cars will set you back the best part of $7k)
- the tail is not original (rubber painted gold??!?!?)
- chin spoiler missing (you will need to add it if u keep the tail)
Old 07-07-2004, 08:18 PM
epbrown01
Burning Brakes

Currently SC cabs are going for mid-to-high teens, and I would put this at the low end of the range. While the mileage is unknown, the wear on the car appears to match their claim of 78k or so, but it's unoriginal and that hurts the re-sale. That dumbass tail and the white gauges have to go. All in all, I'd put the car at somewhere between $13k-$15k, pending a look at the engine - less if it doesn't have the usual 3.0 upgrades (tensioner update, pop-off valve).

Emanuel
Old 07-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's just plain hard to tell how much this SC is worth without really close inspection. A 21 year old car can have many hidden flaws that you can't see from some far away digital photos.

If the car is in very nice shape and needs minimal attention (both mechanical and cosmetic), it could be worth $15k to $18. As others have pointed out, the repaint, weird Carrera (fiberglass?) tail and other issues reduce value quickly.

Why the repaint with such relatively low miles? Porsche paint is very good from those years. Was the car in an accident? Did the car sit out in the sun it's entire life? That's an issue that needs better explanation.

As it sits with the minimal info given on this car, I agree with Emanuel that $13k to $15k is about where the car might/should sell. Lower $ if it has serious issues. Transmission rebuilds, cab top rebuilds, etc. really add up and you need to inspect all of that close up to see where you really stand before buying an older car like this.

Jay
90 964

Quick Reply: Value for 83 Model 911SC