Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need Good Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 05:47 PM
Hugh Whelchel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Good Body Shop

Have started new Porsche restoration project (war on rust) and need to find a good body shop in the Washington, DC - Northern VA area. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2001, 03:03 AM
Bill Wagner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One word....MAACO! Oh, I'm not recommending them, I just like the name!

But seriously, when I was in the process of buying my '91 C4 I called "Euro Sport Auto Body" in Lorton, VA (703)550-8818. I didn't have time to visit them, and I needed a collision inspection done. The owner (I think it was the owner) gave me, free of charge and over the phone things that I could look for regarding serial numbers, paint texture, what I could spot, and what I could have a local body shop look for. He must have talked to me for 15 minutes and he gave me the impression that he REALLY KNEW what he was talking about. He even gave me a brief lecture on how a good body shop would manage to "match" the texture of the paint on factory Porsches.

I haven't done any business with them (thank God...that's not an insult to them...it would mean I've been in a collision), but if my car should get into a wreck that's where it's going...even though it's about as far away from me as it could possibly be without exiting Fairfax County.

You might also want to try the PCA for the DC area at www.pcapotomac.org and join the 911 message board there (should show up as "Porsche Talk" in the upper left hand corner of the opening page). You can get opinions from people that probably have had some body work done.

Hope this helps,

Bill Wagner

'91 C4

Quick Reply: Need Good Body Shop