Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

seat mounting hardware

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 01:39 AM
bavareze
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default seat mounting hardware

The parts diagram show seats being attached with M8 bolts but no regular nuts. Instead, part number 92852110105 and 92852110108 are being used. The front one has 2 holes, the rear has 4. Am I supposed to use a total of 12 bolts per seat? I don't even think I can fit that many, looking at the rails. Then why are such unusual parts being used?

I'm guessing there are at least 2 installation setups , i.e. having the seat travel over different intervals. Am I right? But how many bolts are to be used and how?

Thanks!

Old 08-19-2024, 12:02 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 1,107 Posts

You choose either the front hole 1 or 2 and then the matching rear 2 holes. Choose the rear front hole if you want the seat further back. 3 bolts per rail (1 front, 2 rear), with a capture plate on the bottom of the mounting (it should be in there if not you'll need to replace it. It's captured in place by a flange on the mounting point.

If you look at my 964 thread I show installation of Recaro race buckets which won't match exactly but you can see how it's done.

If you need hardware you can get it from McMaster Carr or from Porsche. I used the former high-grade hex hardware. The SAE is grade 8, IIRC the metric equivalent is grade 10.9. Metric grade 8 is equivalent to SAE grade 5 (ie don't use those).

Last edited by Spyerx; 08-19-2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2024, 05:42 PM
bavareze
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You choose either the front hole 1 or 2 and then the matching rear 2 holes. Choose the rear front hole if you want the seat further back. 3 bolts per rail (1 front, 2 rear), with a capture plate on the bottom of the mounting (it should be in there if not you'll need to replace it. It's captured in place by a flange on the mounting point.

If you look at my 964 thread I show installation of Recaro race buckets which won't match exactly but you can see how it's done.

If you need hardware you can get it from McMaster Carr or from Porsche. I used the former high-grade hex hardware. The SAE is grade 8, IIRC the metric equivalent is grade 10.9. Metric grade 8 is equivalent to SAE grade 5 (ie don't use those).
Ah so the nut plates are supposed to remain in position on the chassis while the seat rail is moved fwd or aft and only certain holes are used at a time.

My nut plates weren't attached to the body, they were loose when the bolts got undone. Shall I glue them or how should I make them stay in place?

Quick Reply: seat mounting hardware