Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Air Intakes options for Zenith Carbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 10:38 PM
thegoat318i
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intakes options for Zenith Carbs

My '72 gray market 911T has freshly rebuilt zenith carbs and I was thinking about replacing the factory airbox which isn't in great shape with some type of freer flowing air filter setup. When I look around I see replacements for Weber and PMO carbs, but nothing for zenith. Do they not exist? Curious if someone could either point in the right direction or share with me what they did to their car?
Old 07-16-2024, 01:02 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,846 Likes on 1,124 Posts

I had the K&N with rain hats on my old webers. It's an easy install and they look and sound nice. I've not seen anything like that out there for Zenith, but are the sizing and connection totally different Is the airbox different weber vs. zenith? The connection is similar (the base plate bolts under the velocity stacks). I'm asking as it's possible K&N fits. If someone here doesn't respond, check Pelican forums.

Also, I suspect you could be able to adapt something from ITG which is what is on my car now with custom throttle bodies. Mine doesn't have rain hats, but you could have something made... I throw a plastic bag over it when I wash it, and it doesn't get driven in the wet.

https://www.itgairfilters.com/collec...aflow-standard

For my setup, we bought something similar to their weber design, but the base plate was not cut. We had that cut to spec for my design.

Quick Reply: Air Intakes options for Zenith Carbs